Friday, February 20, 2009

Oi VAcation.

I'm out in Tahoe and I love it. I got lucky and right when I got out here it started storming. There was like 8 feet of snow in 4 days. Every day was a powder day. I still can't believe how lucky I got. While out here I came to the realization that I really like it out her... a lot. I say this every year about this time for a few months, but I REALLY want to move out here. This place seems to just suit me and somehow I feel almost more at home here than I do in Chicago much of the time. Except tonight. So today we went to the Dew Tour which was at Northstar. We got to see Shaun White and a bunch of other people fly through the air while spinning at a ridiculous rate while getting really sunburned and taking free stuff from booths. It was really fun. At night there was a concert in the village. The opening band was called Tweak Bird. They were OK, two piece band sounded pretty good. Most of the crowd laughed at them because, I can only assume, they didn't sound like the pop punk or whatever the fuck it is those kids listen to these days (GET OFF MY LAWN) Anyways, the main act was Chi-town's own Common. He is, to my pleasant surprise, a great entertainer. I loved the show. I, however, HATED the crowd. Everyone was just dumb. I can't even describe it. Dumb fucking kids who just kept pushing other people out of the way to move up closer because obviously their shit was more important than anyone else's. One girl actually looked at me and said "I'm trying to get to the front cuz this is my night off." I almost punched her in the face. I guess this shit happens everywhere but it especially aggravated me tonight. Also, free concerts make for such a relative melting pot of crowds. I was standing next to a lady that was probably 45 years old who was "waving her hands in the air like she didn't care" and I fucking loved it. Maybe it's not the location, maybe I'm getting old and crotchety, but either way, I still had a blast today and I would've gotten away with it too, if not for those damn kids.

No comments: