Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mulling it over while not on vacation at all

Today my friend Rob asked me to go backpacking somewhere in the middle of nowhere sometime in April. I really want to go but probably can't because I get, what seems like, compared to all my jerk teacher friends, NO vacation. I'm happy to have a job right now though, so I shan't complain, however... I want to complain. 
*I got my hair cut for the first time in months this evening. I've gone to the same place since I was 12. Lately she's been giving me mullets. I think thats just her style, and when i ask for it a bit longer she thinks "it"means the back and only the back. I'm exaggerating but I did have to fix it with the help of a guy named "dirty" and i had a really fucking boring day today, so I thought I'd make it interesting, and if THAT'S interesting wait till you get a load of THIS............



 
*I trimmed my beard tonight. It was getting huge and awesome, but I pussed out after reading some careerbuilder.com article about keeping your appearance and keeping your job. Yesterday, I was thinking about a comeback if anyone ever made fun of me for having a beard (not that that would ever happen). My comeback would be something along the lines of trapping in the person's mother's flavor, if you know what I'm saying. I hope it never gets taken that far, because that is really disgusting and I don't know where I come up with this stuff. 
*Also tonight, I set up all my guitar pedals and turned them on and off making noise and it was really fun. It made me want a million more pedals to play with. 
*Also tonight... pizza.
Something I found out while talking to my cousin on facebook (aaaah facebook....) that some professional tour is gonna be in Tahoe while I'm there and all the best snowboarders and freestyle skiers in the world will be there, so that should be pretty sick and gnarly, so I'm totally stoked. Actually, I really am excited to go out there and ride and just be in the mountains. Which brings me back to vacation.

No comments: