Tuesday, February 24, 2009

...and we're back





So, vacation was relaxing as heck. I was looking forward to that forever  and it did me good. OK! so some funny stories that I can remember right now.

My 13 year old cousin has this blinking safety light designed to put on a bike that says "Be Safe" on it. So, he strapped it to his belt buckle and walked around saying "OVERSIZE LOAD!!!!!" I fucking lost it, and the best part was he didn't mean it to be dirty at all. I don't know if he ever quite got the joke, but I was crying laughing. 

On the plane there was a middle aged dood in the aisle seat and I was at the window. This guy was AWESOME. He was wearing these workout sweatpants pulled up really high with his white turtle neck tucked in. Did i mention he had that leather phone case on his waist band? Did I have to? This guy thought he was the shit. He was a part of some weird "basketball camp" that was on the plane that was all 30-50 year old short white doods... Who knows... Anyways, he's standing in the aisle with his feet on the seat in his best like George Washington pose, and the flight attendant needed to get by so she kinda gave his shoulder a rub and said excuse me. You should've seen this mother fucker's face light up. He gave a quick brag to his other friends about "the rub" and continued talking about how sweet the basketball shorts they had made for the trip were. God he was such a douche bag. The reason this is taking so long to tell is I want you to not like this guy so you can find this funny.... So later the same flight attendant came by and of course the guy had to make small talk cuz I think his wedding ring was telling him to like Frodo or some shit. So, she says, "Oh, you're from Chicago. There are a lot of pot bellies there." This guys face turned to stone. She was obviously referring  to the restaurant chain, but this dopey mother fucker thought she was talking shit about his gut. Needless to say his friends gave him a ton of shit about it and I got a good little chuckle.

I can't remember any more stories, but If I think of some later I'll add it. 
When I got home Schmitt worked on getting the final mix of the Bright, Brilliant record. It sounds good and we should have it mastered soon. Hopefully we'll have some way to distribute it so everyone can listen and send us to the top of the billboard charts. Also, I ate a steak tonight and it was good. Real good.

No comments: